When you need addiction treatment, you don’t want to join a long waiting list for it. You may be searching for drug and alcohol rehab in Watford because you’ve realised you need help with a substance abuse problem yet been told by the NHS that you’ll need to wait for months for a place in rehab. However, no matter your situation, the team at Step 1 Recovery may be able to help. Our clinic in Moraira in Costa Blanca is just a couple of hours from London by plane, and gives you the perfect place to recover, with admission in as little as 48 hours.
When you search for drug and alcohol rehab in Watford, you’ll find some great places to recover in the UK, so why pack up and fly to Spain for treatment? There are many reasons why this option is becoming increasingly popular.
• Privacy – while rehab in the UK is, of course, completely confidential, some high-profile individuals prefer to come to Spain where they feel it’s more private
• The weather – the Costa Blanca has nearly year-round sunshine, which has a healing effect. It’s hard not to have your spirits lifted when it’s a sunny day and you’re enjoying sea views
• Luxury – our drug rehab clinic in Spain is set in Villa Camino de la Paz, a stylish villa with a traditional Mediterranean style. When you’re feeling unwell or down, then having this comfortable environment lifts your spirits
• Ease of access – getting to our villa is often easier than getting across the UK, with many flights from cities across the country. It sometimes works out cheaper than getting a train or driving!
• The ideal alibi – if you don’t want to tell people you’ve been in drug and alcohol rehab, you can simply tell them you’ve been on holiday in Spain. You’ll no doubt have a slight tan from the sun, so it makes your excuse plausible
When you come to Spain for one of our treatment programmes, you can be sure of the same level of care you receive in the UK, with experienced English-speaking staff who can help clients on their journey to sobriety.
If you need help with alcohol and drug addiction, then you want to be in an environment that’s welcoming and where you want to stay. Rehab should be a reward, not a punishment, which is why our centre focuses on luxury and comfort for when you go through drug and alcohol rehab. You can enjoy features from private and en-suite rooms, to our swimming pool, so when you go home, you’ll feel relaxed and healthier than before, ready to enjoy your sober lifestyle.
Whether your addiction is to drugs or alcohol, or both, you’re likely to need to go through detox when you arrive in Moraira. A drug and alcohol detox can be tough, it means that your body is finally getting rid of harmful substances, but it’s essential if you want to make a full recovery. During your detox, you’ll be offered prescription medication to help with side effects and can relax and enjoy the sunshine while your body recovers.
Our treatment programmes are tailored to you, so they’ll vary from person to person. You’ll go through intensive therapy, both in a one to one setting and as a group, which can help you stay sober in the long term. This is because you start to tackle the root causes of your issues and can work through them. When you’re looking for drug and alcohol rehab in Watford, it’s important to find a programme that includes therapy, as simply getting sober isn’t enough, you need to work out why you became an addict to achieve full recovery.
We also use a range of holistic treatments. Part of our vision mission is to provide a clinic with a comprehensive treatment plan, and so we don’t just focus on traditional methods of treatment. From massages and yoga sessions, to learning mindfulness and taking art therapy, we do lots of different exercises and activities during your stay.
Rehab can be hard work, which is why we offer a relaxed environment. In your spare time you can relax in the sun, swim in the pool or enjoy one of our outings, so you can enjoy a little bit of Spain during your stay.
Once you’ve flown home, it’s common to feel anxious about life after rehab. Step 1 Recovery is part of a group of clinics that offer drug and alcohol rehab in Watford, so if you complete a 28-day programme in Spain, you can have your aftercare at local Cassiobury Court, which includes a year of weekly support groups where you can keep in touch with people who have been through our programmes. This gives you a better chance of sustaining recovery.
If you don’t want to go to Spain because of family commitments, we may be able to offer drug and alcohol rehab in Watford in our sister clinic, so you don’t have to miss out on our amazing programmes just because you can’t travel.
When you’re looking for rehab centres and want a beautiful, calming environment where you can recover, call the team at Step 1 Recovery on +44 (0)7914 760 631 and we’ll be happy to carry out an initial assessment with no obligation.